[Tagging] How to map terrace buildings with names

Skyler Hawthorne osm at dead10ck.com
Tue Jul 7 19:31:00 UTC 2020

On Tue, 2020-07-07 at 19:42 +0100, Neil Matthews wrote:
> Do not change the wiki - there are many different equally valid ways
> of
> tagging terraced houses. I favour breaking terraces into individual
> dwellings/houses.

Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry, but I think your second sentence
doesn't really follow from your first. If there are many equally valid
ways of tagging terraced houses, why not document them all in the wiki?

Maybe it wasn't clear, but what I'm suggesting isn't to remove the
suggestion of tagging as individual building=houses, but adding another
section that says something to the effect of "for cases where the
terraced houses are part of a large building, and not simply attached
houses, another approach could be this way..."

--
Skyler