[Tagging] How to map terrace buildings with names

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 20:00:01 UTC 2020

On Tue, 7 Jul 2020 at 20:32, Skyler Hawthorne <osm at dead10ck.com> wrote:

> Maybe it wasn't clear, but what I'm suggesting isn't to remove the
> suggestion of tagging as individual building=houses, but adding another
> section that says something to the effect of "for cases where the
> terraced houses are part of a large building, and not simply attached
> houses, another approach could be this way..."

That depends what you mean by "large building."  The original
British terminology, and the current American terminology, is
"row house."  Houses with common side walls built in a row.

If you are suggesting using terrace to describe a topology that
isn't actually a row of houses, that would be very confusing.

--
Paul