[Tagging] How to map terrace buildings with names

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 21:28:24 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 7. Jul 2020, at 21:48, Matthew Woehlke <mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Personally, if it's possible to determine the boundaries between properties, my inclination would be to model them as separate buildings. (It's somewhat worth noting that townhouses are *owned*, at least in part, separately.) Property records can probably help with this.

While I agree that looking at the entrance situation is useful, the property division is not. You can have as many proprietors for any single apartment as you wish (12.47% ownership is technically not a problem), even more for whole buildings. Think about condominium buildings. Some time ago we agreed to map the latter as apartment buildings.

Cheers Martin