[Tagging] How to map terrace buildings with names

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Wed Jul 8 09:00:52 UTC 2020

Jul 8, 2020, 01:40 by graemefitz1 at gmail.com:

> On Wed, 8 Jul 2020 at 07:45, Paul Allen <> pla16021 at gmail.com> > wrote:
>

>> Building for the house, node for the workplace.  Micromappers will be upset
>> unless you place the workplace node precisely, of course, but you probably
>> have never been inside so don't know.  That's assuming it still is being
>> used as a combined dwelling and workplace
>>

> & then you have the residential houses where the owner works from home, & advertises his trade / profession via a sign outside.
>
> I've mapped them as residential=house including the address, then with a separate node of office=accountant, craft=plumber or whatever, with their advertised contact number included.
>
> Any other / better way of doing it?

Other less correct way is to map as one object.

If someone wants it is OK to map office/craft as an area inside house

I did it in some cases

(1) where there was a major government office and I wanted to
help renderers to recognize it as more important than minor company offices
located in the same building

(2) office taking space in two buildings
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/620532170