[Tagging] Specialty Coffee

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 12:08:25 UTC 2020

On Wed, 8 Jul 2020 at 13:00, Niels Elgaard Larsen <elgaard at agol.dk> wrote:

> Jake Edmonds via Tagging:
> > ‘Specialty coffee is a term for the highest grade of coffee available,
>
> Specialty coffee is just about the quality and price which is very
> subjective.

+1

> In short, how would we deal with verifiability requirement?

Price, maybe. Specialty coffee (or anything else) costs more.  However,
blind tasting of wine has shown that perceived quality is strongly
influenced by presentation (if it looks expensive, people think it
tastes better).

So rather than tagging it as specialty, or of high quality, just
tag it as expensive=yes.  At least that is verifiable.  If
it's more than (say) twice the average price, it's expensive.

Or maybe we just don't bother.  That would be my preference.

--
Paul