[Tagging] Distinguishing closed office spaces and client service locations?

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 22:40:59 UTC 2020

On Sat, 11 Jul 2020 at 00:53, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> I was thinking about space that explicitly welcomes walk-ins and exists
> solely to
> handle them (office of an energy company - handling issues such as
> resolving
> billing mistakes, handling overdue payments, attaching property to a
> power/gas
> network, changing gas/electricity provider, changing billing rules etc).

You then get the problem that customers are allowed to come in to the front
counter / service / reception area, but the rest of the office / building
is strictly staff only, so it would then need to be something like
office=company + access=private, together with a separate node
amenity=customer_service + access=customers on that counter area - messy :-(

Which one gets all the details like name, phone number, website etc - the
private back office, or the public reception area?

Thanks

Graeme