[Tagging] network tag on route relations

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 23:19:30 UTC 2020

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 4:08 PM Peter Elderson <pelderson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, recreational routes and networks simply are not that organized, and
jurisdiction or authority doesn't apply to most of them. I guess that is
why the values are more generic.
In the US a significant percentage of the  trails are organized and have
some jurisdiction or authority which apply to them. For example, all of the
official numbered trails/roads in our National Forests, trails in our
National Parks (plus trails on land managed by a number of other Federal
agencies that manage and maintain trails), trails in our State Parks (and
state forests, state wildlife areas, etc.), trails in our county/city
parks/natural areas/open spaces (some counties and cities have also banded
together to form "park districts").