[Tagging] site relations for city walls?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 15:48:19 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 14. Jul 2020, at 16:55, Lionel Giard <lionel.giard at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> That's a bit of a stretch of the multipolygon definition as there is no inner ring.

sorry? The minimum requisite for a multipolygon is one outer ring. There must not be inner rings or multiple outer rings. It is required for any area that is made up of anything that is not just a single closed way.

>   I never used multipolygon for anything else than complex geometry (with inner ring(s)) and that seems to be what the feature is for.

If you can use areas to represent something, you should prefer them over the site relation, it is stated in bold on the site page.

Cheers Martin