[Tagging] site relations for city walls?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Tue Jul 14 21:27:59 UTC 2020

Jul 14, 2020, 17:48 by dieterdreist at gmail.com:

> sent from a phone
>
>> On 14. Jul 2020, at 16:55, Lionel Giard <lionel.giard at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> That's a bit of a stretch of the multipolygon definition as there is no inner ring.
>>

> sorry? The minimum requisite for a multipolygon is one outer ring.

Exactly, valid multipolygon (though usually not useful) may have a single outer way.

Multipolygons can be used to represent disjointed areas or without holes in them.

Inner ring(s) are completely optional.

>> I never used multipolygon for anything else than complex geometry (with inner ring(s)) and that seems to be what the feature is for.
>>

> If you can use areas to represent something, you should prefer them over the site relation, it is stated in bold on the site page.

Exactly, multipolygons are also for things such as disjointed parks:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/61707#map=16/50.0705/19.9930&layers=N