[Tagging] Intermittent highways?

Justin Tracey j3tracey at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 22:48:21 UTC 2020

If the festival is held at some date expressible using the opening hours
syntax, you could use the "open hours" tag[0] or add conditions to the
"access" tags[1]. Though these tend to represent temporary
accessibility, not temporary existence the way "intermittent" or
"seasonal"[2] do. I'll also note that "seasonal" is already used for
non-waterway features, and depending on how much one wishes to stretch
the definition of "season" (which is already a pretty loose concept,
even on OSM), it could maybe be used here too?

 - Justin

[0] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:opening_hours

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access

[2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:seasonal