[Tagging] site relations for city walls?

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 09:43:38 UTC 2020

On Wed, 15 Jul 2020 at 08:35, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Am Mi., 15. Juli 2020 um 01:40 Uhr schrieb Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com
> >:
>
> If you're talking about one (or both) of those parking areas by the
>> restaurant, then it is (or they are) not really a parking area.  I'd
>> probably make it a closed way with highway=service + area=yes
>> and then risk the wrath of purists by naming it "Pick-up Zone".
>>

> there is the "maxstay" tag which can be used with a value like 5 or 15
> minutes.
> https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/maxstay#values

That works semantically, but the rendering is (on many cartos) misleading.
If it looks like a car park on the map, people assume it's a car park.  Few
will go to the trouble of querying the tags to find there's a max stay.  The
label would help avoid confusion but to me it doesn't feel like a car park
as I understand the term.

--
Paul