[Tagging] Intermittent highways?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 00:57:28 UTC 2020

On 15/7/20 5:07 pm, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> sent from a phone
>
>> On 15. Jul 2020, at 00:49, Justin Tracey <j3tracey at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> If the festival is held at some date expressible using the opening
>> hours syntax, you could use the "open hours" tag[0] or add conditions
>> to the "access" tags
>

> I would not use opening_hours tag to represent the temporary existence
> of ways if this should mean that the ways are only there some weeks of
> the year.

If the thing is permanently scheduled event then it is not a temporary
event.

Temporary: Lasting for only a limited period of time; not permanent.
Source - Oxford Dictionary.

Opening hours have no restriction to being more or less than some
proportion of a year.

> Similarly, access is about legal access and not physical existence.
> With the established schemes, you could use conditional on the
> highway, like highway:conditional=footway/service/path @ Time
> it is not common, but someone else already had this idea as well:
> https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/highway%3Aconditional

As you say - not common and probably not rendered/used by any application.