[Tagging] site relations for city walls?

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 11:54:52 UTC 2020

On Thu, 16 Jul 2020 at 04:57, Yves <ycai at mailbox.org> wrote:

> Le 15 juillet 2020 23:10:52 GMT+02:00, Martin Koppenhoefer <
> dieterdreist at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> >Generally I would agree with Paul, maxstay of a few minutes isn’t
> actually a „parking“
>
> I doesn't agree.

I agree with you that a short maxstay doesn't necessarily disqualify it as
parking
(for reasonably short values of maxstay).  What differentiates pick-up zones
at drive-throughs from parking is the ability to get out of the car and
leave it
unoccupied.  If you can (within the law/rules of the space) leave the car
unoccupied (even for a maxstay of five minutes) then it is parking.
However,
if you are required (or even just expected) to remain within your car then
it isn't (to my mind) parking but waiting.

There are probably edge cases, but that's the distinction for me.  If you
are
supposed to wait in the car then it isn't parking.  If you can leave the car
unoccupied then it's parking.

--
Paul