[Tagging] Hiking "guideposts" painted on rocks, trees etc.

Jan Michel jan at mueschelsoft.de
Tue Jul 21 15:02:11 UTC 2020

Hi Michal,
I would stay with information=guidepost for those.
They serve exactly the same purpose, so they should get the same major
tag. It's only the way the sign is made that is different. You can add
the common tags like "support", "material", "location" or "colour" to
give further details about the style of the marker.

If it's really needed, we can also add another tag to specify the type
of marker. Unfortunately guidepost=* has already been taken for
something different, so one could define guidepost:type=*.

Jan