[Tagging] Is there a good way to indicate "pushing bicycle not allowed here"?

bkil bkil.hu+Aq at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 09:44:54 UTC 2020

I have yet to see a park where they limit the size of luggage I can carry
with me (within rational limits).

I think local law always defines what a bicycle is exactly. I don't think
that they have the right to search your box to check whether it contains
legally defined bicycles - that could only be done by a police officer and
would need a warrant, so I think we can always carry bicycles in a box.
Mind you that luggage could also have wheels.

For circumventing carry-on rules, it was common knowledge that if you
removed the front tire, it could not be ridden anymore and could be
understood to be not a bicycle, rather it was classified as "bicycle
parts". Some thought this could be used to transport bicycles on a train
for free, but it was actually oversized for the definition of luggage, so
the actual deciding factor was always the kindness of the staff.

If you carry a front wheel and your friend carries the rest, can you enter
the park? Both of you are only carrying parts, and none of you
possess bicycles.

On the other hand, the terms of services of transport companies usually
have written provisions for carrying on folded bicycles irrespective of
size limits (for example, they even allow folded mountain bikes).

Just for kicks:
https://ecofriend.com/bike-that-folds-into-an-a3-paper-size-box-is-rightly-named-the-a3-bicycle.html