[Tagging] Is there a good way to indicate "pushing bicycle not allowed here"?

bkil bkil.hu+Aq at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 12:29:20 UTC 2020

> On the other hand, the terms of services of transport companies usually
>> have written provisions for carrying on folded bicycles irrespective of
>> size limits (for example, they even allow folded mountain bikes).
>>
> they might not even allow big boxes, according to the current situation
> (empty or full).

Yes, the terms of service of transport companies around here clearly state
luggage restrictions regarding dimensions and weight. However, the same
document waives just these limits in certain well defined categories
(foldable bicycles, strolles, ski equipment, plants, etc).

Of course they can still apply blanket terms to not let you board if you do
something unreasonable, like carry a 10 meter high foldable, a motorized
stroller or something like that.

nice project, although it looks as if it may get far too heavy to carry
>> around once it is realized.

As mentioned, there exist both concept and mass produced alternatives that
have tiny luggage wheels just to aid carry, I can post some links if you
haven't seen such before. Although, you generally rarely carry your
foldable for extended periods - it is usually the one doing the carrying!

I probably wouldn't understand what `bicycle=explicit_no` means if I didn't
know about this thread. A core concept to follow when inventing OSM tags is
that smart enough individuals should be capable of deciphering what a tag
means just by reading all tags (and/or the possible values for the key) of
the given POI and the context even without consulting the wiki.

It's a funny thing that I wanted to recommend `bicycle=prohibited` at the
same time instant that Paul posted his reply! Not sure what the _best_ tag
would be, but at least this could be somewhat understood.