[Tagging] Is there a good way to indicate "pushing bicycle not allowed here"?

bkil bkil.hu+Aq at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 16:05:38 UTC 2020

> My guess is that the adoption of a dismounted_bicycle=* tag or similar
> would require significantly *less* work than re-examining all current
> bicycle=no ways.

Yes, I think that would be workable.

> Nonetheless, I completely agree with you, =no should mean =no! But I
> fear we're in the minority, and that the sloppy tagging of the past has
> a formidable inertia.

I disagree, see my other answer relating to agriculture.

Also, it contradicts the principle of least surprise that most countries do
not have such restrictions, hence regardless of how you would like to
redefine `bicycle=no`, half of the world would still keep tagging it
incorrectly.