[Tagging] Is there a good way to indicate "pushing bicycle not allowed here"?

Jarek PiĆ³rkowski jarek at piorkowski.ca
Thu Jul 23 01:38:53 UTC 2020

On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 at 19:33, Jarek PiĆ³rkowski <jarek at piorkowski.ca> wrote:
> I think the problem is that bicycle=*, foot=*, motor_vehicle=*, etc
> are access mode tags, not possession tags.
>
> When you dismount from a bicycle, you are now a pedestrian who is in
> possession of a certain object. The access tag that applies to you is
> foot=*. You could be on foot carrying a large box, a wide hikers'
> backpack, carrying a bottle of alcohol, pushing a wheelbarrow, or
> pushing a bicycle.

To give some more relevant examples of wheeled possessions: as a
pedestrian, you could also be pushing a baby carriage/stroller, be in
a wheelchair or be pushing a wheelchair, or be in a motorized
wheelchair.

Wheelchair could arguably be an access mode, but the baby stroller
seems to fall rather firmly into "possession" category - and so, to
me, would a pushed bicycle.

--Jarek