[Tagging] Hiking "guideposts" painted on rocks, trees etc.

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 14:21:11 UTC 2020

On Thu, 23 Jul 2020 at 14:51, Volker Schmidt <voschix at gmail.com> wrote:

> ... and if the fingers are nailed on a shed, a common practice in the
> mountains around here?
> No post? Or the building is the post?

Good question.  But it more closely resembles a guidepost than a blaze.
Whereas the things being shoe-horned into guidepost in this thread more
closely resemble blazes.  Elaborate blazes with text.  Not that I'm
arguing we should abuse either tag by using for other things that
go against expectations.

Since we already have blazes and guideposts, the argument that
we need to ram all the square pegs into a single round hole doesn't
fly.  We've already breached that barrier.  Virgin no longer.

So the question is do we want meaningful tags or misleading tags?

--
Paul