[Tagging] Two side-of-road parking questions

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 18:42:28 UTC 2020

I'm trying to tag a whole bunch of side-of-road parking, and I have two
questions.

First, what is the correct way to tag marked parking spaces? There is
parking:lane:*=marked which would seem to apply, but then it isn't clear
how to indicate the direction (parallel vs. diagonal vs. perpendicular)?
It's also not entirely clear when I am or am not supposed to use 'marked'...

Second, at what point does "on street parking" become a parking lot?

There are examples of the first *all* over Quantico (at least the
"downtown" part). For examples of the second, consider:

   https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/829371448
   https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/829371451
   https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/826561586

I am particularly struggling to decide what to do at places such as:

   38.52057/-77.29185
   38.52181/-77.29611
   38.52125/-77.29711

(There are likely more examples...)