[Tagging] Is there a good way to indicate "pushing bicycle not allowed here"?

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 20:05:44 UTC 2020

On 23/07/2020 15.34, Jmapb wrote:
> As I see it, having bicycle=no imply permission to push a dismounted
> bicycle violates the principle of least surprise because it's
> inconsistent with other *=no access tags. I wouldn't presume I could
> push my car along a motor_vehicle=no way,

While I would generally agree, I *have* seen someone "dismount" their
car¹ and drag it along sidewalks. Mind, they also drove it onto an
elevator and into a library², so...

(OTOH, they may have had permission to do this; "someone" *was* Jeremy
Clarkson... If you saw it, you knew this thread wasn't going to be
"complete" until it got mentioned ;-). Yes, you *can* "dismount" and
push/pull a road-legal petrol vehicle. Depending on the vehicle.)

(¹ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peel_P50)

(² ...or was that the "P45"? I forget...)

> or dismount my horse and lead it along a horse=no way.

Definitely.

--
Matthew