[Tagging] Map maintenance with StreetComplete - Preferred tagging

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Fri Jul 24 22:48:11 UTC 2020

On 7/24/20 17:20, Cj Malone wrote:
> Alternatively if each storing when each tag has been validated is a
> direction OSM wants to go, maybe it should be in the API. A client like
> StreetComplete could "touch" a tag to rev it's edited timestamp without
> actually changing the value.

OSM does not store edit timestamps for individual tags, only for the
object as a whole. Finding out when a tag was changed requires a review
of the entire history. I had to do this once when I saw a clear
highway=motorway_link tagged as highway=motorway, with me as the last
user to edit that road segment. Turns out the original mapper was the
one to make the tagging mistake, not yours truly, but I only found this
once reviewing the history.

http://www.rantroulette.com
http://www.skqrecordquest.com