[Tagging] Map maintenance with StreetComplete - Preferred tagging

ael witwall3 at disroot.org
Sun Jul 26 21:56:50 UTC 2020

On Sun, Jul 26, 2020 at 10:03:17PM +0100, Cj Malone wrote:
> On Sat, 2020-07-25 at 16:42 +0200, Tobias Zwick wrote:
> >
> > So in a nutshell, the topic of how to find things based on old
> > sources is also very relevant for remote mappers.
>
> Technically there is survey:date and source:date that may be on the
> object, or (preferred now?) the changeset. So a quality assurance tool

Adding such source tags to a changeset seldom makes sense.
Most of my changesets are a mixture of local knowledge, surveys, gps,
photographic and video. I even occasionally use satellite imagery...
So the source data needs to be fine grained on the elements themselves.

Furthermore, when updating an element, I can see any source tags right
there. I am not normally going to all the faff of looking up the
history, finding the changesets and consulting those except for unusual
cases.

Of course, changesets need to have some overall source infomation, but
that is necessarily coarse except for small cahnges perhaps.

ael