[Tagging] FWD: Re: narrow=yes, vs lanes=1, vs width

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Jul 27 21:59:52 UTC 2020

Jul 27, 2020, 21:55 by rob at senecass.com:

> On 7/27/20 1:04 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>
>>> highway=track appears to be incorrect here (but maybe still correct
>>> if it is leading to only vacation huts)
>>> these would be highway=service not track.
>>>

> I assume if the highway has no name, it'd be highway=service, but if
> it has a county name, like "Lost Gulch Road" too, wouldn't it then be
> highway=residential? Is there a difference if it's vacation cabins, or
> seasonal or full-time houses ?

Maybe "named therefore residential, service otherwise" makes
sense in your region, but in some places (for example Poland)
there are named service roads and unnamed residential roads.

highway=track may lead to for example two seasonal huts,
occupied just during holidays - and still be highway=track

It gets more dubious if it leads to "real" residential area
(and yes, it may be group of vacation cabins or full-time
houses)