[Tagging] Meaning of "administrative" in boundary=administrative, in your country?

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 13:05:49 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 5:49 AM Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> IIRC Indian Reservations can, and do, cross state boundaries, in which case they don't fit in this hierarchy. Or am I wrong here?

Some do. The only one of New York's that crosses the state line is
Akwesasne, which is not recognized as a unified entity by any
government but its own. (The Federal government calls the portion in
New York the 'Saint Regis Indian Reservation'.) The hierarchical point
is that every point in the state is in exactly one City, Town or
Indian Reservation and no City or Town claims an Indian Reservation as
part of its domain.  No Town crosses a county line, and the instances
where a City or Indian Reservation does can be counted on the fingers
of one hand.

--
73 de ke9tv/2, Kevin