[Tagging] Adding mapillary tags to every building

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Thu Jun 4 16:13:12 UTC 2020

Jun 4, 2020, 16:00 by vincent at bergeot.org:

> Le 04/06/2020 à 15:49, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging a écrit :
>
>> You have right to use your own images, AFAIK there is also a special permission
>> for OSM mapping but otherwise images are owned by them.
>>

> mapillary picture are CC-BY-SA, you can use pictures and download them without pay nothing.

Scroll down on https://www.mapillary.com/pricing to "Commonly asked questions"
"Can I download image files?"

You can download thumbnails (up to 2048 pixels wide) of Mapillary public imagery,
and originals of images you've contributed yourself. If you have a subscription to
Mapillary public imagery, you can use and access the imagery for commercial use
through the Mapillary platform, integrations, and APIs. You will not be able to
download original image files.

I have no idea how at at the same time Mapillary claims on the same page
"Mapillary imagery is also available under an open license (CC BY-SA)."
and offers "Use Mapillary public imagery" for 2000$/year (up to 25km of roads
is free according to this page)

> I think you pay if you want data extraction or picture package of an area.
>
> But each picture are cc-by-sa, so you can download and use them wuthout fee.

Mapillary claims that it is not possible to download original images even if you
are a paying customer.

Overall it leaves me even less interested in their project.