[Tagging] Adding mapillary tags to every building

European Water Project europeanwaterproject at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 08:11:48 UTC 2020

Hi Janko,

Thank you .. it is time to reduce our global reliance on single-use plastic
!  We are all ingesting 5 grams  each week .. in our fish, vegetables,
meat, and water .... etc ...

The people at Mapillary with whom I spoke see huge value in single-snap
images - with many possible applications. They also expressed interest in
having more Mapillary images linked to OSM objects. On the other hand, it
seems that single-snap images are just not a current management priority
due to other more pressing priorities.   This could change !

One idea discussed with Edouardo Neerhut was the creation of a separate AWS
S3 repository for single-snap images which could be linked to OSM objects.
Maybe some sort of non-profit OSM/Mapillary JV could be envisaged to take
advantage of some of Mapillary's technology for blurring faces and license
plates ..  ?    I have no idea where that idea will lead ..

Best regards,

Stuart