[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - electric_bicycle and speed_pedelec

Jan Michel jan at mueschelsoft.de
Sun Jun 7 11:54:29 UTC 2020

Voting has ended after 14 days. There were 28 votes, 27 'yes' and one
'abstain'.
This means, the two keywords 'electric_bicycle' and 'speed_pedelec' have
been approved for use and two new vehicle categories have been
introduced. Let's see how this works out in our daily mapping tasks.

There were some comments raised about the system used in some US states
- unfortunately this wasn't mentioned during the 7 months of RFC. The
system forsees three classes, numbered 1 to 3. To cope with this, I
suggest to amend the 'electric_bicycle' tag with sub-categories like
'electric_bicycle:class2". I will leave this to a separate proposal,
preferably written by someone more familiar with these classes.

Thank you very much for your participation!
Jan