Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Jun 8 09:18:49 UTC 2020

Jun 7, 2020, 23:36 by dieterdreist at gmail.com:

> sent from a phone
>
>> On 6. Jun 2020, at 00:04, Volker Schmidt <voschix at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I do object strongly to the invitation to remove the razed/dismantled-railway tag in the case of railway tracks have been replaced by roads with the same geometry.
>>

> +1

Add I have no problem with removal of them.

I see the point in cases of ones where there are no traces
but road geometry makes 100% clear that railway was there
and probably would not delete them.

I see point in cases where track of former railway is marked/
memorialized/etc and that info is mentioned on OSM object.

But for cases where new road is matching geometry but shape
is not recognizable at all as track of former railroad, and
historic maps are needed to recognize it?

Deletion should happen, OSM is not for objects that are gone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Interior_Seaway
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ural_Ocean
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundance_Sea
and other https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Historical_oceans
also left traces and are not mappable in OSM