[Tagging] Help explain the difference between path and track

Lauri Kytömaa lkytomaa at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 18:57:28 UTC 2020

>A track does have a different function, it can handle a 2 track vehicle, a path can't.

If there's something even remotely like that in the wiki, help or elsewhere, it needs to be reverted to what it has been from the beginning. all we can say is: A track can't be so narrow it can't handle a two tracked vehicle.

All ways will have exceptional use cases (emergency, maintenance) - even if a stranded motorist or tow truck driver walks on a motorway, that doesn't mean it isn't a motorway where walking is forbidden and likewise, if the city lawnmower drives on a highway=path once or twice every year, that doesn't make it a track or service.

--
Alv