[Tagging] Do we map pedestrian crossings twice?

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 22:29:06 UTC 2020

On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 at 06:30, Clifford Snow <clifford at snowandsnow.us> wrote:

> Sorry - I should have been clearer on #3. The red dot is a validation
> warning that the two ways intersect, but it isn't marked as a crossing.

(Not having a go at you, Clifford, just using your comment as an example!
:-))

"Recently" (2019?), iD has also started pointing out / suggesting /
demanding that all crossings (be they road - footway, driveway - footway,
footway - footway / cycleway, road - road etc) eg
https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=19/-28.08457/153.44892 (if the
"error" doesn't show, please click on either side of Second Avenue), also
be marked as a crossing.

When you go ahead & "fix" it, it inserts a highway=crossing at that point:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=21/-28.07834/153.44686.

Good luck with telling them they're "wrong"!

Thanks

Graeme