[Tagging] Help explain the difference between path and track

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 03:23:23 UTC 2020

On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 at 11:31, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 at 02:10, Mike Thompson <miketho16 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't think anyone is saying that tracks can't have additional uses,
>> just that one of those uses has to be forestry, agriculture (and maybe
>> mineral extraction/energy).
>>

> They HAVE to have one of those uses?  Really?  No exceptions.

Sorry, I could probably worded that better, but a number of our tracks
follow power line / gas pipeline easements, but are open to the public to
use.

Others branch off from a road, through the bush down to a fishing /
swimming spot on the creek / river / dam.

Others cross through private property, but are an accepted way to get from
here to there, & are in some cases even named, despite being 4wd only &
track type 3 - 5!

I suppose "farm" tracks that go around the various paddocks on a property
could be called agricultural, but they are usually just a means of getting
to those areas, & are frequently open to the public on a "permissive" basis.

So I'm sorry, but I have to emphasise that all tracks are not for forestry
or agricultural use only.

Thanks

Graeme