[Tagging] Should we map things that do not exist?

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 15:09:36 UTC 2020

Regarding power lines: it is helpful mapping razed power lines as razed and
not removing them completely, because in many cases some of the satellite
pictures still show the towers, or at least the concrete foundations. This
way you avd resurrection.
The same argument applies to other objects as well. Just on ecìxample which
thought me to be careful
Some years back, I had noticed a missing motorway access road and toll
station from different satellite photos. I had used the same motorway exit
about a year earlier. Another user complained, pointing out that that
section had been closed, and he had removed all traces from OSM. Had he
left them as disused or abandoned, I wouldn't have fallen into that trap.
And in effect large parts of the roadways and nearly all related buildings
are still there, but unused or with changed use.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>