[Tagging] Should we map things that do not exist?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sun Jun 14 18:02:02 UTC 2020

Jun 14, 2020, 18:46 by elgaard at agol.dk:

> On Sun, 14 Jun 2020 15:20:56 +0100
> Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >That is where the was: lifecycle prefix and notes are useful: to
> >prevent armchair mappers resurrecting something from imagery on the
> >internet.
>
> Yes. And I would not delete, e.g., power lines that are visible
> on aerials.
> Also because I would not be sure that were really removed and not just
> unused.

In case that I map from aerial I would not delete no longer existing but visible on aerial
because I would be aware about that.

In case that I map from survey I can see whatever power line exists
and I will retag it (for temporary period, until aerials update) wth lifecycle
prefix. In this case there is no chance to be confused between "removed"
and "just unused".