[Tagging] Milk Churn Stands

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 13:34:44 UTC 2020

On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 at 14:22, Volker Schmidt <voschix at gmail.com> wrote:

> My point was only that we should be carefully looking for variants of the
> concept, and try to make it mappable, avoiding too specialized tags.
> Something like "milk collection point" would comprise both if we were to
> distinguish active from historic ones.

It depends if we're tagging function or form or trying to handle both.  I
have no
objection to a milk_collection_point tag (or collection_point=milk) or
whatever, as
additional information but I'd like to have a tag for the physical form of
these
stands.

In the UK, these are no longer used, or no longer used for their original
purpose.  So man_made=milk_churn_stand + disused=yes is a better fit than
just amenity = milk_collection_point + disused=yes because the latter on its
own is just mapping history.

--
Paul