[Tagging] "Feature Proposal - RFC - Qanat"

Joseph Guillaume josephguillaume at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 21:47:15 UTC 2020

Agreed, but just to be clear as it applies to this proposal, in
OpenStreetMap-land, that ship has sailed.

A canal describes "An artificial open flow waterway used to carry useful
water for transportation, waterpower, or irrigation"
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:waterway%3Dcanal

We've de facto accepted that the tag is used with a broader meaning, which
qanats adhere to.

Cheers,

JoeG