[Tagging] Are rowboats covered by "boat=*" or "canoe=*"?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 07:46:53 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 23. Jun 2020, at 06:38, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I would say that rowboats should be a boat, while canoes & kayaks (& surfskis should also be mentioned under that category) would be canoe

I would also see it like this. Boats with a sail may be very small while rowboats may be quite big and not similar to a canoe in any way. Maybe the rowboat term isn’t suitable for describing a legal restriction, because it is so imprecise? Aren’t restrictions typically based on size and draught?

Cheers Martin