[Tagging] Automated edit of image tags suggestion

pangoSE pangose at riseup.net
Thu Jun 25 17:57:27 UTC 2020

-------- Originalmeddelande --------
Från: pangoSE <pangose at riseup.net>
Skickat: 25 juni 2020 19:49:58 CEST
Till: tagging at lists.openstreetmap.org
Ämne: Automated edit of image tags suggestion

Below is a copy of the text at: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_edits/pangoSE#Key:image

Key:imageEdit

There are serious problems with the use of this key in the database.

I recently started discussing the problems related to urls and File:filename.* that links to wikimedia_commons using the tag. See Talk:Key:image#Discourage_linking_to_commons_files_and_migrate_all_File:filename..2A_values_and_direct_urls_to_wikimedia_commons and tagging.

Algorithm 1Edit image=File:* -> wikimedia_commons=File:* image=Category:* -> wikimedia_commons=Category:* image=https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:* -> wikimedia_commons=File:* image=https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:* -> wikimedia_commons=Category:*

There are some image= tags that link to multiple images separated by ";". These will be manually migrated to contain only one image that is not linking to commons and the rest in a note, note1, noteX if multiple urls.

There are some elements like https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/674919702 that both link to a commons category with wikimedia_commons= and an additional image= that links to one of those images. I will not touch this as it would probably be best to introduce new tags commons_image and commons_category for this usecase like Yurik did in the tagging discussion.

There are some urls that link to a category and the media viewer. This is not always working (see [1]) but will not be touched by this edit as there have not been a discussion of this practice yet to my knowledge.

Algorithm 2Edit

Based on suggestions by Yurik of separating the file and category references.

image=File:* -> commons_file=File:* image=Category:* -> commons_category=Category:* image=https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:* -> commons_file=File:* image=https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:* -> commons_category=Category:*

Note commons_file could also link to a video.

There are some image= tags that link to multiple images separated by ";". These will be manually migrated to contain only one image that is not linking to commons and the rest in a note, note1, noteX if multiple urls.

There are some elements like https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/674919702 that both link to a commons category with wikimedia_commons= and an additional image= that links to one of those images. These will be changed to commons_file and commons_category.

There are some urls that link to a category and the media viewer. This is not always working (see [2]) but will not be touched by this edit as there have not been a discussion of this practice yet to my knowledge.

Affected featuresEdit

This edit will affect about 80,000 elements in the database. There are >80,000 image= tags with links to wikimedia commons where 50,000 of them is in Germany alone.

ExecutionEdit

Changesets will be kept small ie. country size bbox maximum. For Germany there are ~50150 so there I will keep the bbox region sized.

I will use JOSM to make the changes using find/replace.

DiscussionEdit

			Discussion

Last edited 5 months ago by PangoSE

	OpenStreetMap Wiki

Content is available under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 license unless otherwise noted.