[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - shop=bubble_tea

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 17:37:18 UTC 2020

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 at 17:50, Jarek PiĆ³rkowski <jarek at piorkowski.ca> wrote:

Still not sure why we can't just use cafe. Is "cafe" exclusively for
> sit-down, dine-in places in British English?

British English usage is always slippery (because of marketers) but
I'd say that a cafe offers some sort of food somewhere to sit.  As in
meaning 1 of https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/caf%C3%A9

Sometimes we have tea shops (but they sell other beverages) and
coffee shops (but they sell other beverages) and those sell some
sort of food (cakes, or sandwiches, or fry-ups, or whatever).  They
get mapped as amenity=cafe. :)

--
Paul