[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - shop=bubble_tea

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Fri Jun 26 19:01:23 UTC 2020

Jun 26, 2020, 18:41 by pla16021 at gmail.com:

> On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 at 17:28, Jarek Piórkowski <> jarek at piorkowski.ca> > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 at 11:50, Paul Allen <>> pla16021 at gmail.com>> > wrote:
>>  > On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 at 16:31, 德泉 談 via Tagging <>> tagging at openstreetmap.org>> > wrote:
>>  >>
>>  >> I've drafted a new proposal about the bubble tea shops which are very common in Taiwan which are usually mismapped as shop=beverages
>>  >>
>>  >> >> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/shop%3Dbubble_tea
>>  >
>>  >
>>  > Looking at your proposal, I fail to see how these are not shop=beverages.
>>
>>  Have you seen a bubble tea shop?
>>

> Nope. :)
>

>> It's basically a cafe. It prepares drinks to order. Best tagging I've
>>  seen around me is amenity=cafe + cuisine=bubble_tea
>>

> As described in the proposal, most lack seating.  Which makes those
> without seating shops rather than cafes.

Places selling kebab/roasted potatoes are often without seating,
tagged amenity=fast_food and no one ever proposed shop=fast_food
for ones without seating.

amenity=cafe + cuisine=bubble_tea seems OK to me,
amenity=bubble_tea also seems fine (though it will have trouble
with support among data consumers), shop=bubble_tea
seems OK but I would not care at all about seating