[Tagging] Central European insight needed: cukrászda, cukrárna, cukiernia, ciastkarnia, cukráreň, pasticceria, konditorei, patisserie, ...

bkil bkil.hu+Aq at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 12:19:18 UTC 2020

Hello,

I'd like to ask your help in improving the definition of the venue
mostly serving self-made artisanal desserts that I describe at the end
of this message.

Before we discuss possible tagging solutions (we will probably need a
new tag), we would like to have some input from mappers in other
Central European countries where they also have such an amenity.

It would be good to know what these terms mean in your culture and if
you could please share an objective definition of how you recognize
it.

Unfortunately, this can be considered a local specialty in so many
levels that even wikipedians struggle with consistent wording, setting
up of language links and wikidata across the various terms. Hence some
cross-cultural collaboration would be in order and it would be best to
eventually fix this in Wikipedia as well.

After gathering information on this topic from various sources and
conducting a few discussions, we came to the conclusion that it is
possible to reliably differentiate between a bakery, a cafe, a
restaurant, a fast food place, a sweets shop (selling conserved,
wrapped, mass manufactured goods) and a cukrászda (both sit-in and
take away types).

Please refer to my notes where I try to enumerate the properties of a
typical cukrászda and if possible, please be at least as explicit in
the definition that you share about your national variant.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Bkil/amenity%3Ddessert#Attempted_work_in_progress_definition_for_mapping