[Tagging] Central European insight needed: cukrászda, cukrárna, cukiernia, ciastkarnia, cukráre?, pasticceria, konditorei, patisserie, ...

bkil bkil.hu+Aq at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 14:22:41 UTC 2020

> I'd be happy with that.  Except we don't have seating=yes.  We can differentiate
> with takeaway=yes|no|only.  However, apart from the chip shop and a Greggs, all
> the fast food joints near me that I can recollect are takeaway=only.  So I don't
> get a hint from the icon as to whether I can sit down or not.

Indeed as I've mentioned there exists lots of fast food places in
Hungary without seating. It's not a majority, but there's a
significant proportion. It's common at underpasses, serving gyros,
slices of pizza, burgers and other simple things that can be eaten
without utensils. Some serve these from their trucks, although some do
carry a few tables and foldable chairs as a convenience.

The majority operate from within brick and mortar buildings where even
the smallest ones have at least 4 tables and 8 chairs - most often
they also have elaborate outdoor_seating=* constructions right in
front of the venue - including seats, tables, waste baskets, umbrella,
sometimes even wind protections and electric or gas heating apparatus,
decorative plants and big screen TV.

We usually tag ones without seating as takeaway=only and/or
capacity=0. Note that capacity=0 also appears on some maps after the
name, like "Burger Place (0)", giving a hint at the seating capacity,
making seating=no redundant.