[Tagging] How to map an OpenStreetMap map?

Markus Peloso mar.pel at outlook.com
Sun Mar 1 19:22:46 UTC 2020

Thanks for the idea.
I love it. :D

https://priceless.zottelig.ch/#offers=trip%2Fopenstreetmap

https://priceless.zottelig.ch/#offers=trip%2Fopenstreetmap&location=50.556607%2C12.6785266

Von: Rory McCann<mailto:rory at technomancy.org>
Gesendet: Samstag, 29. Februar 2020 12:00
An: tagging at openstreetmap.org<mailto:tagging at openstreetmap.org>; talk at openstreetmap.org<mailto:talk at openstreetmap.org>
Betreff: [Tagging] How to map an OpenStreetMap map?

In OSM, large map boards can be mapped as `tourist=information,information=map`. OSM is
pretty good quality, so now some of these maps are based on OSM data.

Is there anyway to record this in OSM?

IMO, you don't need a reason to map something, but one benefit is to help people promote OSM. If someone thinks you have a weird hobby with this map thing, and you bring them to big map showing our map, then that's pretty cool.

The `map_type` and `map_size` tags are used on these sort of maps. Do yous think `map_source=openstreetmap` is a good tag?
The long standing OSM convention of semicolons can be used if there's more than one source.