[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - survey_point:benchmark

Anne-Karoline Distel annekadistel at web.de
Sun Mar 8 12:38:53 UTC 2020

Hi,

I've been surveying benchmarks for the past four months and I would like
to propose an alternative to benchmark=yes for survey points:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/survey_point:benchmark
The reason being that I would like to also propose
survey_point:hexagonal_bolt and survey_point:ground_bolt with it.

Definition: Ordnance survey point usually chiselled in stone with its
typical horizontal bar and arrow below on vertical surfaces, dot with
arrow below on horizontal surfaces. Now often replaced by hexagonal
bolts in walls or bolts in the ground.

Thank you for your time,

Anne