[Tagging] Proposal drinking_water:refill:fee

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 12:05:19 UTC 2020

My understanding was that the new tag "drinking_water:refill=yes" was
going to imply that you can get water for free.

"An establishment participates in a water refill network and will fill
up for free anyone's (paying customer or not) reusable bottle." - wiki
page https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:drinking_water:refill

So if a cafe or gas station will see you water for $0.75, that's quite
different, and it would be incorrect to use
"drinking_water:refill=yes" + "drinking_water:refill:fee=yes",
according to your approved proposal and the documentation.

But perhaps "drinking_water:fee=yes" could be proposed as an
alternative, for places that only sell water.

- Joseph Eisenberg