[Tagging] Addresses with PO Box, and other delivery type addresses.

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 02:57:56 UTC 2020

> there don't appear to be any way to enter addresses that use Post Office Boxes

Post office boxes are located at a post office usually, and that is
mapped as amenity=post_office -
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dpost_office

> other delivery types:
> Roadside Delivery  RSD
> Roadside Mail Box/Bag  RMB

Are these letter boxes located next to the road, but rather far away
from the house?

These are mapped as amenity=letter_box, I believe?
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dletter_box

There is also amenity=post_box for a device where you deposite
outgoing letters:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dpost_box

Is anything else missing, which can't be mapped with these tags or
with Key:addr:* ?

If none of the common values of addr:* will work, you can use addr:full=*

https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/addr%3Afull

-- Joseph Eisenberg