[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Public Transport v3

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 20 13:09:13 UTC 2020

On 11/03/2020 12:12, Jo wrote:
> That stop_position nodes became optional is probably because of my
> influence.

Sorry. but <rolls eyes emoji>

>   In the beginning they were definitely part of how PTv2.

railway=stop was, I believe, around before PTv2 concept.

> I disliked this very much because all of a sudden we were using 2 objects to
> define a single stop, duplicating details, which seemed like a very bad
> idea. And it was.

You're misunderstanding stop/stop_position which is used to indicate
where individual services stop. There can be multiple 'stops' per
'railway station'.

> About the stops, I would have all the details on a single node,
> highway=bus_stop, railway=tram_stop next to the road where the passengers
> wait.

Bus/Tram stops should have the equivalent set up as railway stations -
One node to represent the whole station ie railway=station & numerous
nodes to represent every place a train stops ie railway=stop.
It would require creating new tags for bus/tram stops.

DaveF