[Tagging] Clearer definition of tunnel=flooded: when should it be used instead of tunnel=yes or tunnel=culvert?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 23:34:00 UTC 2020

On 23/3/20 9:08 am, Volker Schmidt wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 at 19:09, François Lacombe
> <fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com <mailto:fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Volker,
>     Fully disposed to make any improvement to wiki according to those
>     points.
>
> Thanks, Francois.
>
> There is possibly a language bias (error?) in the use of tunnel=flooded.
> I am not a native speaker, but "flooded" to me means at least "more
> water than normal", and from this discussion it seems that we are
> talking about the normal presence of water in these structures.

Normal? No I don't think so. Some 'tunnels may be designed only to carry
water and have no real room for anything else.  I am thinking of hydo
schemes where tunnels are used

To me 'tunnel=flooded' means that is cannot really be used for/by
anything other than the fluid in it due to the very small amount of
space left, if any.

Humm ... a smaller description? '"tunnel=flooded' ... full or nearly
full of fluid so that the tunnel cannot be used for anything else' ???