[Tagging] Feature proposal - RFC - Overhead lines management (consecutive to line_attachment)

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 00:53:20 UTC 2020

The explanation of line_management=branch is not very clear:

"==Loops are actual branches==
Former undocumented key {{Tag|branch:type}} had a value for
connections between several power lines coming from the same
direction: ''loop''.

"It is proposed to consider them as branches due to
[http://osm.janos-koenig.de/IMG_0046.JPG such situations] where 3
lines connect to the same support and look like a loop but shouldn't
be described this way."

What does this mean?

Another part says:

tower:type=branch ( + branch:type=loop) -> to be replaced by
line_management=branch

"Two or more independent circuits are connected in the same direction
to maintain a dead part of the network under a positive voltage"

What's a dead part of the network? What do you mean by positive
voltage, can voltage be negative?

Also, it's mentioned that tower:type=crossing (where a power line
crosses a river or canyon) should be replaced by height=* + designe=*
where "A support is significantly higher and stronger to allow a line
to cross an obstacle like rivers"

Are you proposing any new values of "design=*" for this, or should
existing values be used?

-- Joseph Eisenberg