[Tagging] Veterinary pharmacy

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 09:45:41 UTC 2020

On 28/3/20 7:51 pm, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> sent from a phone
>
>> On 28. Mar 2020, at 08:31, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> veterinary medical supplies, how to choose what amenity?
>> <#>
>>> On 28/3/20 6:12 pm, Francesco Ansanelli wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have a question about this tag:
>>>
>>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dveterinary_pharmacy
>>>
>>> It's not much adopted and in unknown status. Should we use it?
>>> Some pharmacies also sells veterinary medical supplies, how to
>>> choose what amenity?
>>

>> Map both as separate nodes.
>

> but it’s the same shop.

Different OSM features.

A hotel (a pub) in Australia can have a bar, more than one bar, a
restaurant, possibly more than one restaurant and may also have
accommodation as well.

Some times these will have different contact details, open times ... all
one operator. But different features.

A university bar, restaurant get their own entry in OSM, but they are
part of the university. Ok, it helps that they have a wide area to
separate then up usually. However where they cohabit the same building
as many lecture rooms are they then less of a feature and so not to be
mapped as separate nodes/areas?

A single shop that sells spices and art ... why not have it as 2 OSM
features? In this particular case it is the one shop, same operator,
contact and opening times. But spice is one side of the business, art is
the outer side of this business.